“Come fly with me. Come fly, come fly away.”- Frank Sinatra
This morning I made some classic grandma cookies, so I’ve been listening to some good old fashioned crooners to put me in the mood.
You really can’t go wrong with the Rat Pack.
I found this live recording they did with Johny Carson back in 1965. When I watch these guys banter, I’m struck by just how drunk they all are. It’s played for laughs, especially by Dean Martin. He tells jokes like, “I feel sorry for you people that don’t drink. I mean it, cause when you wake up in the morning that’s as good as you’re going to feel all day.” Baddum Chick!
Well, whether you drink or not, you’ll definitely feel better after eating one of these low carb chocolate peanut butter thumbprint cookies.
They are soft and chocolatey and only have 3g net carbs each. You make them by mixing up a dough out of almond flour, eggs, sugar-free sweetener, vanilla, baking soda and unsweetened cocoa powder. You form the dough into balls and then stick your thumb right in the middle. (It’s very satisfying.) You bake them up and then top them with a mixture of peanut butter, coconut oil and powdered sugar-free sweetener. And you’re done. So kick back, pour yourself a drink, and mix up a batch of thumbprint cookies.
All the while listening to the crooners of yesteryear.
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
This is a low carb take on the classic thumbprint cookie. But instead of a vanilla cookie with a fruit filling, it’s a chocolate cookie with a peanut butter filling. Yum.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 18
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 13 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cup super fine almond flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar-free peanut butter
1 tablespoon Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium sized bowl, use an electric mixer to beat eggs until frothy. Add softened butter, sweetener and vanilla and mix until well combined.
3. In another medium sized bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
4. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
5. Use a tablespoon to scoop out 1 heaping tablespoon of cookie dough. Roll into a ball and place on the cookie sheet. Use the back of a spoon or your thumb to make a deep indentation. Space cookies 1 inch apart because they will flatten and expand as they cook.
6. Remove from the oven and if the indentations are too shallow, use a spoon to made them deeper. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
7. Mix together peanut butter, coconut oil and powdered sweetener in a small microwave safe bowl. 8. Microwave in 30 second increments, mixing between each time until pourable. Use a teaspoon to drop peanut butter mixture onto each cookie.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Low Carb Chocolate Cookie, Keto Chocolate Cookie, Low Carb Thumbprint Cookie, Keto Thumbprint Cookie
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you like low carb cookies like this one, then you might like my Compost, Molasses, or Shortbread Cookies.