This recipe uses Fathead dough to make very convincing low carb cinnamon twists.
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons super fine almond flour
2 tablespoons oat fiber
1/4 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together almond flour, oat fiber, powdered sweetener and baking powder.
3. In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, mix together 5 tablespoons butter and mozzarella cheese.
4. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring between each time until melted and combined, about 2 minutes.
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the cheese mixture. Add in egg and vanilla and mix well to combine. When the dough is cool enough to work with, knead it with your hands until fully combined and smooth.
6. Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece of dough between the palms of you hands to make an 11 inch strand. Fold strand in half and twist the dough around itself. (See image below.)
7. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and brush over the twists.
8. Mix together granulated sweetener and cinnamon and sprinkle over twists.
9. Bake for 15 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
11. Mix together the powdered sweetener and cream for the glaze. Add a little more cream or sweetener until it’s a pourable consistency. Drizzle over twists..
Keywords: Low Carb Cinnamon Twists, Keto Cinnamon Twists, Fathead Cinnamon Twists