These low carb coconut shrimp make for a great appetizer with only 2g net carb per serving.
1. In a medium sized bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. Add coconut flour to a medium sized bowl and flaked coconut to another medium sized bowl.
3. Dredge the shrimp in coconut flour.
4. Dip the shrimp in whipped egg whites.
5. Press the shrimp into flaked coconut to coat.
6. In a large skillet, add a 1/2 inch of coconut oil and heat over medium heat.
7. Add shrimp to the pan in 3 batches. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. The shrimp will curl up and become opaque as it cooks.
8. Remove shrimp to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Low Carb Coconut Shrimp, Keto Coconut Shrimp, Paleo Coconut Shrimp