Today I have just four words for you: “Beam me up biscotti.”
Ok ok, I apologize for the Star Trek joke, but there just isn’t that much biscotti related humor out there.
But enough dilly dally.
Today I’m going to share a recipe for low carb cranberry biscotti with a coconut and chocolate drizzle. And I have to tell you, this dessert is just as good as it sounds. It’s a total yum.
To make these Italian cookies, you start by mixing up a dough of almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, baking soda, vanilla extract, unsweetened dried cranberries and sugar-free sweetener.
You form the dough into a rectangle and bake it for 20 minutes, then let it cool to room temperature. This is the first step you take to dry this cookies out. You cut the rectangle up and bake the pieces again for 20 minutes more. Then you allow the cookies to come up to room temperature in the warm oven. This really dries the cookies out and gives them that crunchy biscotti texture. To finish the biscotti off, you spread some sweetened coconut butter on top and then drizzle chocolate on top of that.
And next thing you know, it’s “Beam me up Biscotti” time.
Low Carb Keto Cranberry Biscotti with Coconut and Chocolate Drizzle
These Low Carb Cranberry Biscotti are dense, crunchy and delicious. And each cookie has just 6g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 43
- Total Time: 53 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices of biscotti
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 1/2 cups super fine almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
3 oz coconut butter
3 tablespoons powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1/3 cup (2 oz) Lilly’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat together the eggs, vanilla and sweetener with an electric mixer until frothy, about a minute.
3. In separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until dough forms.
5. Stir in the dried cranberries.
6. On the cookie sheet, form a rectangle of dough that is roughly 6″ wide x 7″ long and 3/4 inch thick.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top has browned.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, 1 1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
9. Slice into 8 pieces. The inside will be uncooked, but that’s ok. Lay each piece on its side on the cookie sheet.
10. Bake slices for 10 minutes then carefully flip the pieces and bake for another 10 minutes until toasted.
11. Turn off the heat and prop the oven door open. Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature in the warm oven.
12. Microwave the coconut butter in a small microwave safe bowl until melted, 90-120 seconds. Mix in powdered sweetener.
13. Use a knife to cover one side of the cookies with coconut butter. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden the coconut butter.
14. Microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl until melted, 60-90 second. Stir well to combine.
15. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Serving Size: 1 cooie
- Calories: 313
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 8
Keywords: Low Carb Biscotti, Keto Biscotti, Low Carb Cranberry Biscotti, Keto Cranberry Biscotti
If you liked this recipe for low carb biscotti, then you might like my recipes for Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti, Almond and Chocolate Biscotti or Almond Crescent Cookies.
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: