Do I have something good to share with you today. Well, two things really. I’m going to share my recipe for Low Carb and Keto Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies. But first, I want to look at some cute kittens.
These are, obviously, famous album covers recreated using kittens.
They are the brain child of musician and designer Alfra Martini. She was home sick one day and casually browsing through old record albums. That’s when the idea hit her. “What if I replaced David Bowie’s Aladdin Sane album cover with a kitten in the same make-up?” And so it began. You can see more of her feline creations here.
But ok, time to focus.
Let’s talk about low carb chocolate chip cookies. With dried cranberries. So delicious. This recipe is loosely based on my Chewy Molasses Cookies. The primary ingredient is almond butter, so they’ve got a nice soft chewy middle and a firm outer crust.
And the cookies are filled with good things too.
I’ve added sugar-free chocolate chips and unsweetened dried cranberries to the mix. These cookies are chocolatey, fruity treats with only 2g net carbs each. Not too shabby. So get your tookis in gear and scroll down to the recipe. But not before taking a moment to appreciate the K-52’s.
Love cat, baby, love cat!
Low Carb Keto Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
These low carb and keto cranberry chocolate chip cookies are tasty, easy to make and have only 2g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 19 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1 cup almond butter
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons sugar-free pancake syrup
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons (2 oz) Lilly’s Chocolate Chips or equivalent sugar-free chocolate chips
5 tablespoons (2 oz) unsweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and cover 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, egg, and syrup with an electric mixer until combined, 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, mix together sweetener, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet with a wooden spoon.
- Taste the dough for sweetness and add more sweetener if desired.
- Fold in chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough and place them on the cookie sheets, 8 per sheet. Wet your hands and roll the scoops of dough into balls.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until the cookies have puffed up and the edges have just begun to brown. Keep a close watch over the cookies in the last few minutes because it’s easy to overcook them and make them too hard. I recommend baking the cookie sheets one at a time, so you can really watch each cookie sheet.
- Allow the cookies to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer the cookies on the parchment paper to a cooling rack. Repeat instructions with final cookie sheet.
- The cookies will fall and crinkle as they cool. If you are eating them after they have cooled, then you can microwave them for 15 seconds to soften them up a little.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Chocolate Cookies, Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies, Low Carb Cranberry Cookies, Keto Cranberry Cookies
If you liked these low carb cookies, then you might like my recipes for Peanut Butter, Molasses or Black and White Cookies.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe below. You should know that they are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.
Which is pretty sweet.