When you taste this low carb and keto Chicago Style deep dish pizza, you’ll be singing, “That’s Amore”. It’s got a real yeast bread thick crust and only 5g net carbs per slice.
1 envelope (2 1/4 teaspoons) activated dry yeast
1 cup warm water, divided
1 teaspoon sugar*
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 3/4 to 3 1/4 cups Carbquik Baking Mix
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
3/4 cup Rao’s Tomato Sauce or equivalent sugar-free tomato sauce
4 oz sliced mushrooms
9 slices pepperoni
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Grease an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, dissolve sugar in 1/2 cup warm (like bath water) water. Stir in yeast, cover and allow to ferment until frothy with small bubbles, 10 minutes. If the yeast isn’t frothy, then that means it’s dead and you’ll need to start over with fresh yeast.
3. Mix in salt, 1/4 cup olive oil and remaining 1/2 cup water.
4. Add in 2 cups Carbquick in 1/4 cup increments, stirring until fully combined. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup Carbquik . Keep adding more until a kneadable dough forms.
5. Knead dough for 8-10 minutes until elastic and smooth. There will be coconut flake sized chunks of Carbquik in the dough. That’s ok.
6. Put the dough into a large greased bowl and turn over to grease both sides of the dough. Cover bowl with a towel. Preheat oven for 3 minutes until temperature reads 100-110 degrees. Turn off heat and place the dough into the warm oven to rise for 1 hour.
7. Remove the dough from the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
8. Take a rolling pin and roll the dough out into a square shape about the size of the pan. Place the dough inside the pan and press it into and up the sides of the pan. The outer crust should go about 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan. Brush the crust with olive oil.
9. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet and heat over Medium heat. Saute mushrooms until softened, 8 minutes.
10. Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza. Spread tomato sauce over the cheese. Add mushrooms and pepperoni and then top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
11. Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover the pan loosely with it.
12. Bake pizza for 25 minutes and then remove aluminum foil.
13. Bake for another 5-8 minutes until the cheese and crust have browned a little. The internal temperature of the crust should reach 200 degrees F.
14. Serve immediately with extra tomato sauce on the side for dipping.
*The sugar will be converted to alcohol and carbon dioxide in the fermentation process so the carbohydrates are cancelled out. The sugar has been left out of the nutritional info.
Keywords: Low Carb Deep Dish Pizza, Keto Deep Dish Pizza, Low Carb Chicago Style Pizza, Keto Chicago Style Pizza