Today I’m going to share a recipe for Egg Roll in a Bowl, better known as “Crack Slaw”.
Presumably, it’s called Crack Slaw because of how addictive it is. As I was making it, I had one of my other addictions playing in the background: the movie Mama Mia.
Yes, it’s time for me to finally admit the truth.
I love this ABBA fueled extravaganza. I find it delightful and I cannot wait to see the sequel. I dare you to watch this trailer for Mama Mia 2 and tell me it doesn’t look kind of great. (below) Possibly a hot mess, but an enjoyable hot mess just the same.
But let’s get back to this addictive cabbage dish.
It truly is an Egg Roll in a Bowl. You’ve got cabbage, mixed with onions, garlic, red bell peppers, ground pork and Chinese spices. And even with all the vegetables, it still clocks in at just 9g net carbs per serving. Pretty good for an egg roll. Ok, now back to my precious Mama Mia movie.
I ask you, where else do you find grown men doing this?
Low Carb Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl AKA Crack Slaw
This low carb egg roll in a bowl is so addictive that it’s commonly known as “crack slaw”.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Chinese
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 an onion (1/2 cup), sliced thinly
1/2 a red bell pepper (1/2 cup), sliced thinly
1 pound ground pork
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 a head of cabbage (8 cups), sliced thinly
1/2–1 tablespoon hot pepper oil, as desired
3 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1. In a large wok or skillet, heat sesame oil over medium high heat until shimmering.
2. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add onions and red bell peppers and cook until softened, 3 minutes.
3. Add ground pork to the pan and cook, breaking it up with a spatula until fully browned, 5 minutes.
4. Remove ground pork mixture to a large bowl, but keep oil and juices in the wok or skillet.
5. Add cabbage and cook for 5 minutes. Add in hot pepper oil, coconut aminos or soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes until cooked through.
6. Add ground pork mixture back into the pan and cook until heated through.
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 46
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 18
Keywords: Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl, Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl, Low Carb Crack Slaw, Keto Crack Slaw
If you liked this recipe, then you might like my recipe for Spicy Ground Beef with Butternut Squash Noodles.