This low carb egg roll in a bowl is so addictive that it’s commonly known as “crack slaw”.
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 an onion (1/2 cup), sliced thinly
1/2 a red bell pepper (1/2 cup), sliced thinly
1 pound ground pork
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 a head of cabbage (8 cups), sliced thinly
1/2–1 tablespoon hot pepper oil, as desired
3 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1. In a large wok or skillet, heat sesame oil over medium high heat until shimmering.
2. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add onions and red bell peppers and cook until softened, 3 minutes.
3. Add ground pork to the pan and cook, breaking it up with a spatula until fully browned, 5 minutes.
4. Remove ground pork mixture to a large bowl, but keep oil and juices in the wok or skillet.
5. Add cabbage and cook for 5 minutes. Add in hot pepper oil, coconut aminos or soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes until cooked through.
6. Add ground pork mixture back into the pan and cook until heated through.
Keywords: Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl, Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl, Low Carb Crack Slaw, Keto Crack Slaw