Today’s recipe for low carb Indian spiced eggs with spinach and turmeric yogurt comes to us from the hallowed halls of the New York Times. It’s a great recipe that was almost but not quite low carb. The original recipe calls for a piece of pita bread, but I threw it out the window. This meal doesn’t need bread to be delicious.
This dish would make a wonderful breakfast, but I actually just had it for lunch instead.
I’ve been noshing on these Indian spiced eggs and catching up on the latest movie trailers. I am very excited about the new Coen Brothers film. It’s called The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, and it looks like it’s going to be hilarious. (trailer below) Those brothers really know how to turn a phrase.
But let’s talk a little bit more about these tasty Indian spiced eggs I just ate.
To make them, you start by mixing up some Greek yogurt with ground turmeric, salt and pepper. Then you sauté fresh garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes with a pound of spinach. And finally, you fry up some sunny side up eggs. Make a nice artful pile of yogurt, spinach and eggs, and you are done. You’ll have a tasty low carb breakfast with only 5g net carbs. Nice. But enough egg talk, now I must get back to my precious movie trailers.
Low Carb Keto Indian Spiced Eggs With Spinach and Turmeric Yogurt
This recipe for Indian spiced eggs with spinach and turmeric yogurt has just 5g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Indian
1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 pound baby spinach
1 tablespoon butter
8 large eggs
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt and turmeric until uniform in color. Salt and pepper it.
- Heat olive oil over Medium heat in a large, high sided skillet. Add ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in garam masala and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add spinach to the pan in handfuls. As each handful wilts, go ahead and add more until all the spinach is cooked, 6-8 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- While the spinach cooks, heat butter in a medium sized nonstick skillet. Add 4 eggs and cook until underside is crispy, but the yolk is still runny, 3-4 minutes. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Spread yogurt in a large circle on a plate. Pile 1/4 of the spinach on top. Top with 2 eggs. Repeat with remaining yogurt, spinach and eggs.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and serve immediately.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 19
Keywords: Low Carb Indian Eggs, Keto Indian Eggs, Paleo Indian Eggs