This traditional pork and sauerkraut meal is made quickly in an Instant Pot. It’s naturally low carb and keto and is accompanied by mashed cauliflower.
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 pound pork loin, fat trimmed off
1 red onion, sliced thinly
5 cloves garlic
1 cup water
14 oz sauerkraut, drained
3 tablespoons butter
24 oz cauliflower rice or 1 small riced cauliflower
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1. Set Instant Pot to Saute High and sear the pork loin in olive oil for 2-3 minutes per side.
2. Remove the pork loin from the pan and scrape up any browned bits. Add the rack to the Instant Pot and place the pork loin on it. Add water to the Instant Pot. Top the pork loin with the onions and garlic cloves.
3. Pressure cook on High for 35 minutes.
4. While the pork is cooking, you can make the mashed cauliflower. Melt butter in a large skillet over Medium High heat.
5. Add cauliflower rice and saute for 3 minutes.
6. Add salt and water and bring to a boil.
7. Cover the pan and lower the heat to Low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Drain cauliflower rice and reserve cooking liquid.
9. Add cauliflower rice and 3 tablespoons cooking liquid to a food processor or high powered blender and process until smooth. Keep the lid on the blender to keep the mashed cauliflower warm.
10. Once the pork is done cooking, quick release the steam and open the Instant Pot.
11. Add sauerkraut on top of the pork loin and pressure cook for 5 more minutes. The internal temperature of the pork loin should be at least 145 degrees F. If it hasn’t then you can put it back into the Instant Pot for a few more minutes to cook in the residual heat.
12. Allow the pork loin to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
13. Serve slices of pork loin on top of sauerkraut and mashed cauliflower.
Keywords: Instant Pot Pork Loin with Sauerkraut, Low Carb Pork Loin with Sauerkraut, Keto Pork Loin with Sauerkraut