It’s a beautiful summer day here in Pittsburgh.
Blue skies as far as the eye can see. So I put some Electric Light Orchestra on the hi-fi and made myself these low carb lemon poppyseed muffins.
“Mr. Blue Sky” by the Electric Light Orchestra is one of my absolute favorite songs. (video below)
My husband and I played it right after we were married, as we were walking out of the wedding tent together. It was a pretty great start to a marriage.
And these lemon poppyseed muffins were a pretty great way to start my day.
They are blender muffins, so you just throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend away until they are mixed. Pour the batter into a muffin pan, bake them up, and soon you’ll have some lemony low carb muffins with only 3g net carbs each. But now I must get back to my Electric Light Orchestra.
Hope Mr. Blue Sky visits you today. (Hey hey.)
Low Carb Keto Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
These low carb lemon poppyseed muffins are the perfect breakfast or snack and only have 3g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 9 muffins 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and add 9 cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
2. Add all ingredients except poppy seeds and lemon zest to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Stir in poppy seeds and lemon zest.
4. Split the thick batter equally between 9 cupcake wells. Smooth the tops with your fingers.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the tops are browned and a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer the muffins to a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Poppyseed Muffin, Keto Poppyseed Muffin, Sugar-Free Poppyseed Muffin
If you liked this lemon muffin recipe, then you might like my recipes for Lemon Pound Cake, Lemon Energy Bites or Lemon Donuts.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.