Well, it’s a cold rainy day here in Pittsburgh. It’s just relentlessly dismal outside. So I decided to cheer myself up with a little antipasto salad lunch. I went through my cupboard and opened up every olive and pickle jar I had. I dumped the contents into bowls and soon I had a low carb rainy day antipasto lunch.
But something was missing.
All this lunch needed was some tasty marinated mushrooms. So I found a great recipe for marinated mushrooms on the Low Carb Maven, tweaked it a little bit, and soon I had the perfect accompaniment to the meal: some freshly roasted marinated mushrooms. I threw in a few chunks of cheese and dug into my rainy day luncheon.
Low Carb Keto Marinated Mushrooms
These low carb marinated mushrooms make for a tasty appetizer with only 1g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
1 pound baby bella mushrooms, large ones cut in half
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Swerve Brown or equivalent sweetener
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and get out a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Clean the mushrooms, cut the large mushrooms in half, and keep the small mushrooms whole.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, water, mustard, sweetener and spices in a medium sized bowl.
- Add mushrooms to the marinade and mix to coat.
- Add mushrooms to casserole dish and spread out so form a single layer of mushrooms.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring after every 10 minutes.
- Can be served warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 21
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: 1
Keywords: Low Carb Marinated Mushrooms, Keto Marinated Mushrooms, Low Carb Roasted Mushrooms, Keto Roasted Mushrooms