Well, it’s a cold rainy day here in Pittsburgh. It’s just relentlessly dismal outside. So I decided to cheer myself up with a little antipasto salad lunch. I went through my cupboard and opened up every olive and pickle jar I had. I dumped the contents into bowls and soon I had a low carb rainy day antipasto lunch.
But something was missing.
All this lunch needed was some tasty marinated mushrooms. So I found a great recipe for marinated mushrooms on the Low Carb Maven, tweaked it a little bit, and soon I had the perfect accompaniment to the meal: some freshly roasted marinated mushrooms. I threw in a few chunks of cheese and dug into my rainy day luncheon.
Low Carb Keto Marinated Mushrooms
These low carb marinated mushrooms make for a tasty appetizer with only 1g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
1 pound baby bella mushrooms, large ones cut in half
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Swerve Brown or equivalent sweetener
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and get out a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Clean the mushrooms, cut the large mushrooms in half, and keep the small mushrooms whole.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, water, mustard, sweetener and spices in a medium sized bowl.
- Add mushrooms to the marinade and mix to coat.
- Add mushrooms to casserole dish and spread out so form a single layer of mushrooms.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring after every 10 minutes.
- Can be served warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 21
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: 1
Keywords: Low Carb Marinated Mushrooms, Keto Marinated Mushrooms, Low Carb Roasted Mushrooms, Keto Roasted Mushrooms
If you liked this low carb roasted vegetable recipe, then you might like my recipes for Ratatouille, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pecans or Roasted Broccoli with Butternut Squash.
You’ll need this specialty ingredient: