This Low Carb Keto Middle Eastern Honey Cake is based on a semolina honey cake. It’s sweet and moist and very delicious.
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave butter until melted, about 90 seconds.
3. Separate the eggs. Store the egg whites for another use like meringue cookies.
4. Using an electric hand mixer, beat egg yolks with cake sweetener, baking soda, coconut flour, vanilla and water. Slowly add melted butter as you continue to beat the batter mixture. Mix until well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan and carefully sprinkle sliced almonds so that they rest on the surface of the batter.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until browned and solid in the middle.
7. While the cake is baking, make the syrup. Combine sweetener, pancake syrup and water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sweetener. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. When the cake is done baking, remove it from the oven and poke holes in the cake with a wooden skewer. The holes should be about 1 inch apart.
9. Pour the syrup onto the cake and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
10. Carefully remove the cake using the edges of the parchment paper. Place on a serving plate and cut into 9 slices.
Keywords: Low Carb Honey Cake, Keto Honey Cake