1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper. Make sure to leave room on the edges so you can lift the shortbread up once it’s done.
2. Mix all dry crust ingredients together in in medium sized bowl. Add 1 stick melted butter and mix well to combine. If it’s too dry to form a crust then add 2 more tablespoons melted butter.
3. Add crust dough to pan and press the crumbs evenly with your hands.
Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, but keep the heat on.
4. In a medium sized sauce pan, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium low heat until browned. Add cream and 2 tablespoons powdered sweetener and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip cream cheese until it is light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and whip until smooth. Add 1/2 cup powdered sweetener and caramel flavored syrup and mix until combined.
6. Check on your cooked caramel sauce and if it has separated, just quickly mix it back together. Slowly add to the cream cheese mixture while whipping.
7. Pour cream cheese filling on top of the shortbread crust and cook for 1 hour until browned and solid in the middle.
8. Allow to cool for 1 hour on the counter and then chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
9. The cheesecake will be sunken in the middle. Take a knife and cut around the outer edges to level the cake.
10. Add cream and 2 tablespoons powdered sweetener to a medium sized sauce pan. Bring cream just to a boil over medium-high heat. Add chocolate chips and let stand for 10 minutes. Whisk together.
11. Spread chocolate over the top of the cheesecake layer. Return to the refrigerator and chill for 3 hours before cutting.