This recipe for low carb and Keto fettuccine with mushroom cream sauce has just 6g net carbs per serving. It’s really tasty too.
There is an old adage that goes, “Don’t be upsetti. Have some spaghetti!”.
And I think it’s good advice. But what are people on a low carb diet supposed to do when they get upsetti? Where’s our spaghetti?
Well, I tried out some low carb noodles that might just solve the spaghetti conundrum.
They are called Zeroodle Shirataki and Oat Fiber Noodles. These noodles have zero net carbohydrates because both ingredients are pure fiber. So they are edible but not digestible. Which is both weird and kind of awesome at the same time.
The main thing you notice about shirataki noodles is the chewiness.
They are hella chewy. I couldn’t detect any flavor to them, so I decided to make an extra flavorful sauce to go with the noodles. I turned to my old friends at Cook’s Illustrated to help. This recipe is based on their killer sauted mushroom and thyme cream sauce. It is to die for. And the whole meal ended up clocking in at just 6g net carbs. Pretty good for a big ole plate of pasta.
So just remember…
Low Carb Keto Fettuccine with Mushroom Cream Sauce
This recipe for low carb fettuccine with mushroom cream sauce has just 6g net carbs per serving. It’s really tasty too.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 14 oz Zeroodle Shirataki Fettuccine with Oat Fiber
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1. Rinse Zeroodle Fettuccine Noodles thoroughly. Dry with paper towels. Add to a large skillet and dry roast over medium high heat until dried, about 5 minutes. Remove to a large bowl and set aside.
2. Use the same large skillet to heat butter and oil over medium heat until foaming. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Increase heat to medium-high and add mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in thyme and cook 30 seconds. Transfer mushrooms to the noodle bowl.
3. Add broth to skillet and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits. Turn off heat and stir in cream, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add mushrooms, noodles, parmesan cheese and fresh parsley to the skillet. Coat everything in sauce and cook for 2 more minutes until heated through. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 40
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 17
Keywords: Low Carb Fettuccine, Keto Fettuccine, Paleo Fettuccine
If you liked this low carb pasta recipe, then you might like my recipes for Chicken Alfredo, Baked Ziti or Pappardelle Bolognese.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.