These low carb and Keto muffins make a great breakfast or afternoon snack. And each muffin has just 4g net carbs.
I saw a recipe last night that made me so hungry for muffins.
I happened upon an orange cranberry muffin and suddenly, I just had to have one. Like, that minute. At 10 o’clock at night. But no matter, I got out my low carb baking supplies and got straight to work.
I started with some cranberries and a orange.
I chopped up a hand full of fresh cranberries and coated them with sugar-free sweetener to make them edible. Oranges are off limits on a low carb diet, of course, but their skin is ok. So I zested an orange and chopped up some pecans to use later on.
Then, I turned my attention to the muffin batter.
I repurposed an old recipe of mine for Low Carb Lemon Cranberry Muffins. These blender muffins are made using almond flour, oat fiber, and flaxseed meal in place of regular all-purpose flour. And for the wet ingredients, I used eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract and melted butter, I folded in the orange zest, cranberries and pecans and then baked them up in muffin tins. Soon I had a dozen orange cranberry muffins with only 4g net carbs each.
Just perfect, whether you make it at 10 in the morning, or 10 at night.
Low Carb Keto Orange Cranberry Muffins
These low carb muffins make a great breakfast or afternoon snack. And each muffin has just 4g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
3 tablespoons orange zest
1 cup cranberries + 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/2 cup pecans, chopped into small pieces
1 cup super fine almond flour
3/4 cup flaxseed meal
2 tablespoons oat fiber
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
3 large eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon orange juice or water
1/4 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease or add liners to a muffin pan.
2. Chop the cranberries and mix them with 2 tablespoons sweetener. Set aside.
3. Chop the pecans and zest the orange and set aside until the end.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the blender and blend to combine.
7. Remove the mixture to the bowl and mix in the cranberries, pecans and orange zest.
8. Fill the cupcake pan wells to the top.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes (regular muffins) or 20-25 minutes for mini-muffins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffins comes out clean.
10. Cool 5-8 minutes in pan atop wire rack; flip muffin pan and remove muffins from pan onto wire rack. Cool completely on the wire rack.
11. For the glaze, mix together orange juice or water and powdered sweetener in a small bowl. It should be the right consistency to drizzle, but if it’s too thick, add more liquid and if it is thin, then add more powdered sweetener.
12. Drizzle glaze over cooled muffins.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Low Carb Orange Muffins, Keto Orange Muffins, Low Carb Cranberry Muffins, Keto Cranberry Muffins
If you liked these muffins, then you might like my recipes for Lemon Cranberry Muffins, Carrot Cake Muffins or Lemon Poppyseed Muffins.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.