These low carb muffins make a great breakfast or afternoon snack. And each muffin has just 4g net carbs.
3 tablespoons orange zest
1 cup cranberries + 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/2 cup pecans, chopped into small pieces
1 cup super fine almond flour
3/4 cup flaxseed meal
2 tablespoons oat fiber
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
3 large eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon orange juice or water
1/4 cup Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease or add liners to a muffin pan.
2. Chop the cranberries and mix them with 2 tablespoons sweetener. Set aside.
3. Chop the pecans and zest the orange and set aside until the end.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the blender and blend to combine.
7. Remove the mixture to the bowl and mix in the cranberries, pecans and orange zest.
8. Fill the cupcake pan wells to the top.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes (regular muffins) or 20-25 minutes for mini-muffins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffins comes out clean.
10. Cool 5-8 minutes in pan atop wire rack; flip muffin pan and remove muffins from pan onto wire rack. Cool completely on the wire rack.
11. For the glaze, mix together orange juice or water and powdered sweetener in a small bowl. It should be the right consistency to drizzle, but if it’s too thick, add more liquid and if it is thin, then add more powdered sweetener.
12. Drizzle glaze over cooled muffins.
Keywords: Low Carb Orange Muffins, Keto Orange Muffins, Low Carb Cranberry Muffins, Keto Cranberry Muffins