This is a lovely low carb peach cheesecake with only 5g net carbs per slice. Perfect for a midnight snack ala the Golden Girls.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a springform pan with cooking spray. If your pan isn’t waterproof, you’ll need to tape the bottom edges of the pan to keep the water bath from getting in.
2. In a shallow roasting pan big enough to fit the cake pan, pour about 1-inch of water and place it on the center rack of the oven to preheat.
3. Heat cream in the microwave for 90 seconds. Add Jello and mix well to dissolve. Set aside to cool.
4. Add the ricotta cheese to a high powered blender or food processor and process for 1 minute until smooth. Add in the cream cheese and process until well mixed.
5. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese, ricotta, sour cream, sweetener and Jello mixture on low speed for about 1 minute until well blended.
6. In a separate small sized bowl, whisk together vanilla, eggs, and egg yolks until blended.
7. Turn the electric mixer on medium speed, and slowly pour the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Beat until just blended.
8. Pour batter into the greased springform pan. Place pan into the heated water bath.
9. Bake for 15 minutes, and then lower the oven temperature to 275 degrees F.
10. Continue baking for 1 1/2 hours, or until top is light golden brown and cake is pulling away from the sides of the pan.
11. Turn the oven off when finished cooking and leave the cake in the oven to cool for 3 more hours. This keeps the cheesecake from collapsing down.
12. Remove the cake from the water bath, cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Cheesecakes taste best at room temperature, so set the cheesecake out on the counter for 20-30 minutes before serving. Carefully remove the sides of the spring form pan. Sift powdered sweetener on top before slicing.
13. Store in the refrigerator.