August has begun, and I’ve started to count down the days until school starts back up.
Honestly, I’m running out of ideas on how to entertain these kiddos. So I had to laugh when I saw the most recent Holderness Family video. It is on point.
In the video below, the Holderness parents teach their kids about how we spent summer days in the 1980’s.
The kids learn how to make their own fun, like constructing their own Slip ‘N Slide out of trash bags and a hose. They get to eat watermelon, but only the kind with seeds. And they get schooled on how to scale a fence and drink from the hose. Good stuff.
Also good stuff, is this batch of low carb pistachio and chocolate chip biscotti I just made.
They are dense and crispy and full of pistachios and sugar-free chocolate chips. And with only 6g net carb, they make for the perfect low carb coffee break. Just the thing for a long summer day. Ok, now it’s time for me to teach my kids how to drink from the hose.
Wish me luck.
Low Carb Keto Pistachio and Chocolate Chip Biscotti
This crisp Italian cookie is packed with pistachio nuts and chocolate chips. And each piece has just 6g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shelled whole pistachios
1/4 cup Lilly’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat together the eggs, vanilla and sweetener with an electric mixer until frothy, about a minute.
3. In separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until dough forms.
5. Stir in pistachios and chocolate chips.
6. On the cookie sheet, form a rectangle of dough that is roughly 6″ wide x 7″ long and 3/4 inch thick.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top has browned.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, 1 1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
9. Slice into 8 pieces. The inside will be uncooked, but that’s ok. Lay each piece on its side on the cookie sheet.
10. Bake slices for 10 minutes then carefully flip the pieces and bake for another 10 minutes until toasted.
11. Turn off the heat and prop the oven door open. Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature in the warm oven.
This recipe was updated on 1-18-19.
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 8
Keywords: Low Carb Pistacchio Biscotti, Keto Pistachio Biscotti, Sugar Free Biscotti
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked these biscottis, then you might like my Almond Chocolate Biscotti.