This crisp Italian cookie is packed with pistachio nuts and chocolate chips. And each piece has just 6g net carbs.
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 1/2 cups super fine almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shelled whole pistachios
1/4 cup Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent chocolate chips
2. Beat together the eggs, vanilla and sweetener with an electric mixer until frothy, about a minute.
3. In separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until dough forms.
5. Stir in pistachios and chocolate chips.
6. On the cookie sheet, form a rectangle of dough that is roughly 6″ wide x 7″ long and 3/4 inch thick.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top has browned.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, 1 1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
9. Slice into 8 pieces. The inside will be uncooked, but that’s ok. Lay each piece on its side on the cookie sheet.
10. Bake slices for 10 minutes then carefully flip the pieces and bake for another 10 minutes until toasted.
11. Turn off the heat and prop the oven door open. Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature in the warm oven.
This recipe was updated on 1-18-19.
Keywords: Low Carb Pistacchio Biscotti, Keto Pistachio Biscotti, Sugar Free Biscotti