This sugar free pumpkin pie is just as tasty as the sugary version but this dessert has just 7g net carbs per slice. It’s gluten free, low carb, grain free and Keto to boot.
1 3/4 cup super fine almond flour *
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 large eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the almond flour and whey protein powder together in a medium sized bowl. Add the egg and melted butter and mix well.
3. Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a glass or ceramic pie pan. Poke holes in the crust with a fork to let out steam.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, sweetener and spice.
7. Mix in heavy whipping cream.
8. Mix in eggs. Taste for sweetness and spice and add more if desired.
9. Pour pumpkin mixture into the pie pan and cover the edges with tin foil or crust protector so that they don’t burn.
10. Bake for 40-50 minutes until a knife inserted 1 inch from the crust comes out clean, but the center is still a bit jiggly.
11. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
12. Serve warm or refrigerate.
*If you take this pie to a party, make sure to clearly mark that it contains nuts. Most people don’t expect a pie crust to use almond flour, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat it.
I used a pie pan with 2 1/4 inch sides, but if you use a smaller pie pan, you’ll need to use a little less of the pumpkin filling. You can fill the pie pan to the top though, because the filling will contract and collapse in the middle once it cools.
Keywords: Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie, Low Carb Pumpkin Pie, Keto Pumpkin Pie