This is a recipe for low carb and keto Quiche Lorraine made like a baked egg cup with bacon in place of a crust. It’s a tasty brunch or snack with only 1g net carbs each.
12 thinly sliced pieces of bacon
5 large eggs
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 tablespoons water
3/4 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a standard sized muffin pan liberally with cooking spray. Cover 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
2. Place 6 slices of bacon on cookie sheet and 6 pieces on the other. Bake for 10-15 minutes until bacon is cooked through but still pliable. You don’t want the bacon to be crispy.
3. Drain the slices of bacon on paper towels and allow them to cool enough to let you handle them.
4. While the bacon is cooking, you can mix together the filling. Using an electric mixer, mix up cream, water and eggs until light and frothy.
5. Mix in Swiss cheese.
6. Make each slice of bacon into a circle on the walls of the muffin wells.
7. Pour the egg mixture into the wells of the muffin pan about 3/4 of the way full,. It takes about 2 ladles of egg mixture for each quiche.
8. Bake in the 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes until puffed and browned on top. The quiches will deflate as they cool. Use a rubber spatula to carefully remove the quiches from pan.
9. Can be served hot or as a cold snack later.
Keywords: Low Carb Quiche Lorraine, Keto Quiche Lorraine, Low Carb Egg Cup, Keto Egg Cup