Today we’re going to turn again to cauliflower, the low carb dieter’s best friend.
To make this recipe, you start by cutting a head of cauliflower into steaks and roasting them along with a head of garlic.
Once the cauliflower is tender and slightly browned, you can mix up a tahini sauce using the roasted garlic, some almond butter and a little tahini. Before you know it, you’ll have an excellent cauliflower steak with only 6g net carb per serving.
Good work, cauliflower!
Low Carb Keto Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Tahini Sauce
These low carb cauliflower steaks with tahini sauce are a hearty way to eat this popular low carb vegetable.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3–5 tablespoons water
- 1/8 –1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Remove leaves from a head of cauliflower, but keep the stem intact. Slice the cauliflower into 1 inch thick steaks. The edges will turn into florets, but that’s ok.
3. Cut about 1/4 inch off of the top of a head of garlic, exposing the tops of the cloves. Wrap in aluminum foil and pour a small amount of olive oil on top. Seal the aluminum foil on top. Add to the cookie sheet.
4. Place the cauliflower steaks and extra florets on the cookie sheet and brush with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Roast for 30-35 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and the edges are slightly browned.
6. Remove the aluminum foil from the head of garlic and allow to cool until it is cool enough to handle. Squeeze half of the cloves of garlic into a food processor or high powered blender.
7. Add almond butter, paprika and tahini to the food processor or high powered blender. While blending, add in the water, a little at a time, until the sauce starts to become smooth. Continue processing, scraping down the sides and adding additional water as needed, until the sauce is smooth and pourable. Add salt to taste. Add more garlic if desired.
8. Drizzle cauliflower with tahini sauce. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 11