There are two kinds of eaters in this world, in my experience.
There are those who keep all the foods on their plate separate, and those who mix them all together. I myself am a mixer, but I can see the perspective of the other side. But some people, like my own children unfortunately, have a hissy fit if any of the food on their plate touches any other food on their plate. It’s a whole thing.
Well today’s recipe goes out to all the food mixers out there.
It’s a low carb take on a cheese biscuit slathered in sausage and mushroom gravy. But all the elements are mixed together in one easy to hold package. The recipe is based a great recipe for low carb sausage ball puffs that I found on Kasey Trenum’s website. It’s a tasty low carb snack with only 1g net carb per biscuit. I have a feeling that these biscuits will appeal to food mixers and separators alike.
Although it is a well established fact that mixers rule and separators drool.
Low Carb Keto Sausage Mushroom Biscuits
Today’s recipe for low carb keto sausage mushroom biscuits goes out to all the people in this world who like to mix together all the food on their plate.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 23
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 22 1x
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb breakfast sausage
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped finely
4 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease two cookie sheets.
2. Melt butter in the microwave. Put the melted butter in the refrigerator to cool.
3. Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over Medium Heat. Add mushrooms and sausage and cook until sausage is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain the grease from the pan.
4. Mix together eggs, sour cream and butter. Mix in coconut flour and baking powder. Mix in cheese, sausage and mushrooms.
5. Form the mixture into 2 tablespoon sized tightly packed balls and place on cookie sheets. Leave at least 1 1/2 inches around each ball because they will flatten slightly as they cook.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the tops are lightly browned. Cool on the cookie sheet until ready to eat.
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Low Carb Sausage Biscuit, Keto Sausage Biscuit, Low Carb Cheese Biscuit, Keto Cheese Biscuit
If you liked these Sausage Mushroom Biscuits, then you might like my recipes for Biscuits with Sausage Gravy or Sausage and Sauerkraut Balls.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.