Low Carb Keto Shortbread Cookie Bites
These low carb shortbread cookie bites are the perfect thing to bring to holiday parties. They’ve got just 1g net carb for 10 cookie bites.
- Author: Resolution Eats
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 14
- Total Time: 44 minutes
- Yield: 190 cookie bites
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Cookies: 1/3 cup coconut flour 2/3 cup super fine almond flour* 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 teaspoon almond extract Frosting: 6 teaspoons heavy whipping cream, divided 6 tablespoons Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener, divided red and green food coloring 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together all dry cookie ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add almond extract and softened butter and beat into the dry ingredients using an electric mixer until smooth and combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the dough into the freezer for 10 minutes to firm it up enough to handle easily. May take a little longer, depending on how cold your freezer is.
- Cut the dough into 3/4 inch square pieces and add the pieces to the two cookie sheets, leaving at least 1/2 inch between each cookie. Return the dough to the freezer as needed to keep it stiff enough to work with.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until edges are just beginning to brown.
- Allow to cool on the pan for at least 30 minutes before frosting. The cookies will come out of the oven very soft, but will firm up as they cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together 3 teaspoons heavy whipping cream with 3 tablespoons powdered sweetener. Check the consistency, and if it is too thick to spread easily, then add a little more cream, and if it’s too watery, then add more sweetener. Mix in several drops of food coloring until you get to your desired color. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Use a butter knife to frost the cookie bites.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top of the frosting.
*If you take these cookies to a party, make sure to clearly mark that they contain nuts. Most people don’t expect cookies to use almond flour, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat them.
- Serving Size: 10 cookie bites
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
Keywords: Low Carb Cookie Bites, Keto Cookie Bites, Low Carb Shortbread Cookies, Keto Shortbread Cookies