This is an easy recipe for Low Carb Keto Shrimp and Asparagus in Lemon Garlic Sauce. It’s a healthy recipe that comes together in one pan and has just 5g net carbs per serving.
1 1/2 pound (1 bunch) asparagus, ends trimmed
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp with tails left on
salt and pepper
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (optional)
crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or large non-stick skillet over Medium heat.
2. Cook asparagus until crisp tender, 4-6 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add butter to the skillet and cook until melted and bubbles have subsided. Add shrimp and cook on one side for 1 minute. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Add garlic and Italian Seasoning to the pan and cook shrimp on the other side for 1 minute until pink and opaque.
5. Add water and Sriracha Sauce to the pan and reduce the sauce for 1 minute.
6. Push the shrimp to the side of the pan and add asparagus back to the pan. Turn to coat the asparagus in the sauce.
7. Stir in lemon juice.
8. Reheat for 1-2 more minutes and then sprinkle chopped parsley on top and serve immediately.
Keywords: Low Carb Shrimp and Asparagus, Keto Shrimp and Asparagus, Whole30 Shrimp and Asparagus