Greetings, chocolate lovers.
I have some excellent news to share. I just discovered these great Keto chocolate bars at Aldi. They taste just like Snickers Bars, but they only have 2g net carbs. They’re called Elevation Caramel Nut Bars and they are delightful. These bars singlehandedly saved me on Halloween, when I was sorely tempted to steal some of my children’s candies. These bars are solid gold.
So I decided to use these golden chocolate bars today to make some “Snickers” cupcakes.
They are tasty low carb chocolate cupcakes with piped vanilla frosting and a nice triangle of chocolate bar right on top. Cutting up the chocolate bars reminded me of that old Seinfeld episode. (video below) It’s the one where Elaine catches her boss, Mr. Pitt, eating his Snickers Bar with a knife and fork. She tells the story to George, who immediately starts doing it to seem fancy. The idea gets passed from person to person until everyone in the diner is eating candy bars with a knife and fork. It’s pretty great.
But back to these faux Snickers Bars.
The best part about the Elevation Bars, for me, is the caramel center. It is so hard to get a nice gooey caramel sauce on a low carb diet. Low carb sweeteners just aren’t conducive to it. But somehow, they got it done.
Hats off to Aldi. Respect.
Low Carb Keto Snickers Cupcakes
These low carb cupcakes use Aldi’s Keto chocolate bars to keep the carb count down to just 3g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 cupcakes 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons full fat canned coconut milk and
- 6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener*
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 Elevation Bars, cut into thirds and then halved to form triangles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake pan with 9 liners.
- Beat the eggs well, stir in the melted butter, coconut milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Place the batter into cupcake liners 3/4 of the way up and bake for 20-23 minutes until the tops spring back lightly when touched.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the softened butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, 1 minute.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sweetener until well mixed in.
- Mix in the heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat to fluffy, 3 minutes.
- Pipe or spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Cut the Elevation Bars into thirds, and then cut them in half to form triangles. Place one triangle on top of each cupcake.
*Any sweetener can be made into powder by blending it in a blender.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Snickers Cupcake, Keto Snickers Cupcake, Sugar-Free Snickers Cupcake
If you liked these low carb cupcakes, then you might like my Blue Velvet, Nutella or Poke Cupcakes.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.