No holiday cookie platter is complete without these round, buttery, nutty shortbread cookies.
1 1/2 cup chopped unsalted dry roasted pecans*
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
2 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons super fine almond flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Add pecans to a food processor or high powdered blender and process until chopped finely. Don’t process too much though, or it will turn into nut butter.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sweetener, salt and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
3. Stir in pecans and almond flour and mix well to combine.
4. Form dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Cover a medium sized cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a 1 1/2″ wide cookie scoop to scoop up balls of dough and place on the cookie sheet.
6. Roll the dough between the palms of your hands until they are ball shaped.
7. Freeze for 15 minutes.
8. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 9-11 minutes until tops are just beginning to turn golden. The cookies will still be soft and somewhat uncooked, but will firm up and finish cooking as they cool.
9. Use a sieve to sprinkle powdered sweetener on top of the cookies.
10. Cool completely, 1 hour.
11. Pour remaining powdered sweetener onto a plate and roll the cookies in it to coat all sides.
*If you can’t find roasted pecans, you can toast them yourself. Toast them in a non-stick pan, without any oil, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
Keywords: Low Carb Snowball Cookies, Keto Snowball Cookies, Gluten Free Snowball Cookies