I’ve come here today to talk about two things: Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers and the Papyrus font.
I’ve been thinking about this funny SNL sketch that Ryan Gosling did. (video above)
He plays a man who is obsessed with Papyrus, the font used in the Avatar movie. And the weird thing is that I can totally identify with him. Bad fonts are just the worst. And it really does seem like the designer just scrolled through the list of fonts and picked one at random. It’s just not right!
What does Papyrus have to do with low carb Keto teriyaki shrimp skewers?
Honestly, not a dang thing. So let’s talk shrimp skewers. These low carb shrimp skewers are really tasty. I made the teriyaki sauce from scratch using coconut aminos, sesame oil, fresh ginger, garlic, molasses and a little bit of arrowroot powder to thicken it up. The result is a low carb Keto teriyaki shrimp dish with only 2g net carb per serving. Serve it with a side of zoodles or cauliflower rice and you’ll have a really good thing going.
Just try to forget about the Avatar font while you eat it.
Low Carb Keto Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers
Low Carb Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers are the bomb. And with only 2g net carbs they make for a great low carb dinner.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- wooden skewers
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Add coconut aminos, sesame oil, sweetener, rice vinegar, molasses, ginger, garlic and 1/2 cup water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer on Low for 15 minutes.
2. Strain out the garlic and ginger with a sieve and return the sauce to the pan.
3. Mix together 2 tablespoons water and arrowroot powder and add to the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
4. Put the shrimp on the wooden skewers.
5. Grill or saute until lightly golden brown on both sides and opaque, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side.
6. Brush teriyaki sauce over the front and back of the shrimp, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Calories: 38
- Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Teriyaki Shrimp, Keto Teriyaki Shrimp, Low Carb Shrimp Skewers, Keto Shrimp Skewers
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked this fish recipe, then you might like my recipes for Fish Foil Dinner, Asian Salmon or Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers.