Maybe it’s because I grew up in the 80’s, but whenever I hear people talk about energy bites I always think of this video:
Though I think the people participating in the Crystal Light Aerobics Competition had a few too many energy bites, if you know what I mean.
The snacks we’re going to make today will hit the spot, no matter what you need the energy for.
They’re lemon flavored bites with a fresh blueberry glaze on them. For this recipe you’ll need almond butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut flour, vanilla, blueberries and sweetener. Mix them all together and you’ve got yourself a nice little snack with only 4g net carbs.
They’re perfect for any kind of work out, no matter how ridiculous.
Low Carb Keto Lemon Blueberry Energy Bites
These low carb lemon and blueberry energy bites make the perfect dessert or after workout snack.
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
lemon energy bites:
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 3-4 tablespoons powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Mix all the ingredients for the lemon energy bites together in a medium sized bowl. Crumbs should form.
2. Take 2 tablespoons of the mixture and form it into a ball. If it is too crumbly to hold together, heat the mixture for 1 minute in the microwave to warm it up. Place the balls on a parchment covered cookie sheet
3. Add the blueberries, lemon juice and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. When the blueberries burst and release their juices, use an immersion blender or a blender to puree the blueberries. Whisk in the powdered sweetener in tablespoon increments until smooth and the desired consistency for a glaze, using a little more or less as necessary.
4. Dip the bites in the glaze and let the excess drip off. Place the bites back on the parchment paper. Store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 energy bite
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Low Carb Lemon Bite, Keto Lemon Bite, Keto Lemon Fat Bomb
You’ll need these special ingredients:
If you liked these low carb energy bites, then you might like my Pecan Pie Bites, Lemon Lime Bites or Carrot Cake Bites.