These low carb and Keto lemon cookies make for a delightful dessert with just 3g net carbs.
It’s another cold rainy day here in Pittsburgh, the city where I live.
So I’m eating low carb lemon cookies and watching James Corden and Harry Styles drive around sunny Los Angeles. (below) I chose this episode of Carpool Karaoke because I’d heard about Harry Styles but wasn’t sure what all the fuss was about. Well, now I do, boy. This young man is simply delightful! It’s a really fun watch.
And the lemon cookies were delightful too.
I based my recipe on a great low carb lemon cookie from Tasteaholics. It’s a simple shortbread cookie with a subtle lemon flavor that comes from fresh lemon juice and zest. And each cookie has only 3g net carb, so you can afford to live a little. So have a couple cookies, kick back and listen to the karaoke stylings of James Corden and Harry Styles.
It’s the perfect escape on a rainy winter’s day.
Low Carb Keto Lemon Cookies
These low carb lemon cookies make for a delightful dessert with just 3g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 large cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup super fine almond flour*
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8–10 tablespoons Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. 2. Cream together the sweetener and softened butter with an electric hand mixer. 3. Mix in the egg, egg yolk, lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract. 4. Sift together the remaining dry ingredients. 5. Pour the dry ingredients slowly into the wet while beating the mixture continuously. 6. Portion the batter out into 6 large cookies. Shape them into a ball with your hands and then flatten them to about 1/3 inch thick. The batter will be very sticky. 7. Bake for 8-10 minutes until firm to the touch and slightly browned around the edges. 8. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack for 30 minutes or until completely cooled. 9. Mix together the icing lemon juice and 8 tablespoons powdered sweetener. Increase the sweetener until it reaches the right consistency to ice the cookies. 10. Ice the cookies.
*If you take these cookies to a party, make sure to clearly mark that they contain nuts. Most people don’t expect cookies to use almond flour, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat one.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 178
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Lemon Cookies, Keto Lemon Cookies, Sugar-Free Lemon Cookies
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.