Low Carb Keto Lemon Cranberry & Pecan Muffins
This morning I made myself some low carb muffins and listened to Hamilton.
It was a killer combo.
The muffins turned out really well. They're made of almond flour, oat fiber and flaxseed meal with some yogurt, lemon zest, cranberries and pecans thrown in for good measure. The result tastes just like a berry and nut bran muffin. But while most bran muffins run to 70g net carbs, these guys only have 4g.
So they're the perfect treat if you're just like your country, young scrappy and hungry.
Low Carb Lemon Cranberry Muffins
1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped and tossed in 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup super-fine almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup flaxseed meal
2 tablespoons oat fiber
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
3 large eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup plain full fat greek yogurt
sprinkle of granulated sweetener for the tops of the muffins (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease or add liners to a muffin pan.
2. Chop the cranberries and mix them with 2 tablespoons sweetener. Set aside.
3. Chop the pecans and zest the lemon and set aside until the end.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the blender and blend to combine.
7. Remove the mixture to the bowl and mix in the cranberries, pecans and lemon zest.
8. Fill the cupcake pan wells to the top.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes (regular muffins) or 20-25 minutes for mini-muffins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffins comes out clean.
10. Cool 5-8 minutes in pan atop wire rack; flip muffin pan and remove muffins from pan onto wire rack. Cool completely on the wire rack.
PREP TIME: 15 COOK TIME: 30 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 1 muffin Calories 198 Fat 16g Protein 7g Carbs 10g Fiber 6g Net Carbs 4g