I’m so stoked.
The trailer for the new season of A Series of Unfortunate Events just came out, and it looks even more unfortunate than the first one. (Which was very unfortunate indeed!)
The show is based on this fantastic series of books by Lemony Snicket.
The novels chronicle the lives of the three Baudelaire orphans, Violet, Claus and Sunny. After their parents die mysteriously in a fire, the children are forced to live with a series of guardians, each one more horrible than the last. And all the while they are being stalked by the evil Count Olaf who is desperate to get his mitts on the Baudelaire fortune. Olaf is played to perfection by Neil Patrick Harris. Season one was wonderful, so I have high hopes for season two.
It doesn’t start up until March though, so we’ll have to fill up the time somehow.
Why not make some Low Carb Matcha Cheesecake Bars while we wait?
If you like the taste of green tea, then these little dessert bars will be just the thing. They have a low carb pecan crust and a lovely green matcha cheesecake filling. I would call it “no bake cheesecake” but you actually do bake the crust so… I won’t. The best part is that they clock in at only 3g net carb per bar.
Nothing unfortunate about that!
Low Carb Keto Matcha Cheesecake Bars
These low carb matcha cheesecake bars are wonderful green tea flavored bars with just 3g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz pecans, ground
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 16 oz full fat cream cheese (2 packages), softened
- 3/4 cup powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and grease a 9 x 12 inch pan.
2. Grind the pecans in the blender until a coarse meal forms.
3. Mix in the butter and sweetener.
4. Press the mixture into the pan until an even crust forms.
5. Bake for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before filling.
6. In a large bowl, cream together the powdered sweetener, vanilla and softened cream cheese with an electric mixer.
7. Add in the matcha powder and mix until smooth and uniform in color.
8. Add in the cream and whip until fluffy.
9. Add the filling to the pan and smooth it evenly with a spatula.
10. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 39
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Matcha Bars, Keto Matcha Bars, Low Carb Cheesecake Bars, Keto Cheesecake Bars
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked this cheesecake recipe, then you might like my recipes for Berry Mini Cheesecakes, Matcha Cheesecake Bars or Peach NY Style Cheesecake.