This recipe for mock apple butter uses yellow squash in the place of apples.
1. Peel and dice the yellow squash into inch sized pieces. It’s fine to leave in the seeds.
2. Add the squash to a dutch oven along with water, sweetener and cider vinegar.
3. Bring it to a rolling boil, then cover, lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes until softened.
4. Add the cinnamon and lemon juice and puree in a food processor or blender.
5. Bring it back to a boil and then put the covered dutch oven into a 250 degree oven.
6. Cook for 2 1/2 – 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. When it is thick and deep brown, then it’s done.
Keywords: Low Carb Apple Butter, Keto Apple Butter, Mock Apple Butter