This recipe for Low Carb Mock Apple Cobbler uses yellow squash as a stand in for apples. With a little bit of sweetener and spice, you won’t be able to tell the difference.
1/4 cup butter
20 oz (3 medium sized) yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch thick semicircles
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Carbquik Baking Mix
6 tablespoons water
6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9 x 9 or 8 x 11 inch casserole dish.
2. Heat 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet, over Medium heat.
3. Add squash slices and saute for 5 minutes until softened.
4. Add 1/4 cup sweetener, cinnamon, ginger, and lemon juice to the pan and cook for 5 minutes more.
5. Pour mock apples into baking dish.
6. Mix together all biscuit topping ingredients. The batter will be very thick. Divide the batter into 6 equal parts. Form each piece into a biscuit shape and place it on top of the the mock apples.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until top is browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
9. Whip together heavy whipping cream and powdered sweetener in a medium sized bowl, with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Serve whipped cream on top of mock apple cobbler.
Keywords: Low Carb Apple Cobbler, Keto Apple Cobbler, Mock Apple Dessert