This recipe for mock apple coffee cake uses yellow squash in place of apples.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
2. Cream the butter and sweetener together until smooth and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each, then add the vanilla extract.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
6. In a small bowl, combine the water and the cream, then pour mix it into the batter.
7. Spread the batter into a greased 9 inch spring form pan.
Mock Apple Layer:
8. Cut out the seeds of the yellow squash and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.. Saute for 5 minutes in butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the lemon, sweetener and cinnamon and saute for another 5 minutes. It should be sticky and gooey. Spoon the mock apples evenly over the cake batter
9. Mix together the almond flour, sweetener, walnuts and salt. Mix in the melted butter. Stir well until a crumbly dough forms. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the cake batter.
10. Bake the cake in a 375 degree F oven for 35 minutes. Check in at minute 25. If the streusel topping is nicely browned, lightly cover it with aluminum foil or parchment paper for the last 10 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and cool before serving.
Keywords: Low Carb Apple Coffee Cake, Keto Apple Coffee Cake, Low Carb Crumb Cake, Keto Crumb Cake