Low Carb Keto No Bake Chocolate Coconut Bars
Sometimes you feel like a nut.
Sometimes you don't.
I've got that old 1980's Mounds/Almond Joy song stuck in my head this morning. (above) It's because of these chocolate coconut bars that I just made. They taste like an Almond Joy, just with three times the nuts. Yum.
These nut bars could not be easier to make.
You don't even need to bake them. Just chop up a boatload of nuts, mix them with melted almond butter, dark chocolate and coconut oil and you're done. You've got yourself a tasty treat with only 7g net carbs per bar.
So if you are feeling like a nut, this will definitely do the trick.
Low Carb No Bake Chocolate Coconut Bars
1 cup almond butter
1 1/4 cup Lilly's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent sugar-free sweetened baking chocolate
5 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper. Cut the parchment paper into 2 pieces that overlap the sides, so that you can lift the bars out.
2. Add the almond butter, chocolate and coconut oil to a large microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 second at 50% heat and stir. Continue heating in 30 second increments until completely melted and combined.
3. Mix in all the remaining ingredients except the shredded coconut.
4. Press into the pan and sprinkle the shredded coconut on top.
5. Refrigerate for 4 hours before cutting.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 2 MIN CHILL TIME: 4 HRS
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 368 Fat 47g Protein 9g Carb 15g Fiber 8g Net Carbs 7g