This low carb Pappardelle Bolognese is a hearty Italian supper made from a slow cooked beef sauce and egg noodles that you make yourself.
For the Bolognese Sauce:
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, shallots and peppers. Sauté until softened, 4-5 minutes.
2. Add beef and sauté, breaking up with the back of a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Add wine; boil 1 minute, stirring often and scraping up browned bits.
4. Add 2 1/2 cups stock and tomato paste; stir to blend. Reduce heat to very low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors meld, 1 1/2 hours.
5. Bring cream and water to a simmer in a small saucepan; gradually add to sauce.
6. Cover sauce with lid slightly ajar and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cream is absorbed, about 45 minutes. Add more stock by 1/4-cupfuls to thin the sauce out, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
For the Pappardelle Noodles:
7. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and cover 2 large rimmed cookie sheets with Silpat mats. Spray the mats with cooking spray.
8. Add the cream cheese, eggs, vital wheat gluten*, salt and pepper to a blender and blend for 1 minute on high.
9. Pour 1/4 of the batter onto a Silpat mat. Rock the cookie sheet back and forth until the batter forms a rectangle. The batter will be very thin. Repeat with the second cookie sheet.
10. One at a time, bake at 325 degrees F for 5 minutes, or until just set. They should not be browned at all.
11. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes before cutting into 1/2 inch wide noodles. Remove the noodles from the cookie sheets and repeat the process with the remaining liquid.
12. Once the bolognese sauce is done, add the pappardelle noodles to the pan and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
13. Add to four plates and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
*The vital wheat gluten improves the texture of the noodles, but is not necessary to the recipe.
Keywords: Low Carb Pasta Bolognese, Keto Pasta Bolognese, Low Carb Bolognese Sauce, Keto Bolognese Sauce