I’ve never been a fan of radishes.
They taste bitter and they make unsuspecting children cry. (video below)
That poor kid.
Her parents let her think that she was about to eat a teeny tiny little apple, but it was all a cruel lie. After she spit the radish out, she seemed older, wiser, perhaps a little cynical. But still wearing a ridiculous turban. Those parents should be court marshaled.
But radishes. I have good news on that front.
If you roast them for a long time, they come out tasting like potatoes. Yes. I learned this technique from the Gnom-Gnom blog. I have a bit of a blog crush on this website. The author is a painter as well as a cook, so the images and design are amazing. And she came up with a way to rehabilitate radishes. No easy feat.
If only she had been there to save that poor baby!Print
Low Carb Keto Parmesan Radish Bake
Bake up some radishes with parmesan cheese and they’ll taste quite a bit like baked potatoes. Low carb magic with just 1g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 2 bunches radishes (about 20), trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons thyme fresh or dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add radishes to a small baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, thyme, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix to coat the radishes
3. Roast for 55-60 minutes, until golden and crisp, tossing them about half way through.
4. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and roast for 5 more minutes.
- Serving Size: 5 radishes
- Calories: 86
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Roasted Radishes, Keto Roasted Roasted Radishes, Paleo Roasted Radishes
If you liked this low carb radish dish, then you might like my recipes for Beef and Daikon Radish Casserole or Scalloped Daikon Radishes.