Low Carb Keto Peach Cheesecake Bars
I just watched the craziest news story. (below)
Don't worry- it's cheesecake related.
A Russian woman named Viktoria Nasyrova is accused of poisoning her friend with a cheesecake. The two women looked a lot alike, so she thought she could get away with stealing her friend's identity. The victim only remembers eating the cheesecake, feeling sick, and laying down next to her friend. The next morning she woke up dressed in lingerie, with pills all around her on the floor. Her friend had stolen her ID, credit cards, and jewelry and tried to made it look like a suicide. Can you imagine?
Well, let us hope that the cheesecake we're making today is less exciting.
It's a low carb peach no-bake cheesecake that uses Sugar Free Peach Jello for its flavoring. This recipe has an almond flour shortbread crust and is chocked full of good stuff like whipped cream, sugar free sweetener and cream cheese. Yep, this is one killer cheesecake.
Low Carb Peach Cheesecake Bars
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 cup butter, cold
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 (.3 oz) boxes Sugar Free Peach Jello
1 cup boiling water
1 cup ice water
12 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray am 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Dissolve the Jello in 1 1/2 cup boiling water. Fill a 4 cup measuring cup with ice up to the 1 1/2 cup mark. Fill with cold water to the 1 1/2 cup line. Add the dissolved Jello to the ice water and stir to melt the ice cubes. Put the Jello into the refrigerator while you make the crust.
3. Add all the crust ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until small crumbles form. Press the crumbles into the bottom of the pan.
4. Bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned. Move it to the countertop to cool.
5. In a large bowl, mix together the sweetener and the softened cream cheese with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
6. Make sure that the Jello is fully chilled. Add to the cream cheese mixture and beat with the electric mixer until smooth and combined.
7. Chill the Jello mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour until it begins to thicken.
8. In a large bowl, whip the cream with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
9. Fold the whipped cream into the Jello mixture with a rubber spatula. Gently mix until the mixture is smooth and the whipped cream is evenly distributed.
10. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust. Let it set in the fridge for at least 6 hours, before serving. Do not cover with plastic wrap until the cheesecake is set.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 20 MIN CHILL TIME: 6 HRS
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 304 Fat 30g Protein 5g Carb 5g Fiber 2g Net Carbs 3g