I just baked a batch of peanut butter cookies, so obviously I’ve been thinking about the Keebler elves.
Those little minxes do make irresistible baked goods, but I think that my cookies turned out much better. My peanut butter cookies are fluffy, soft and indubitably delicious.
They are so good!
I got the basic recipe for peanut butter cookies from the always reliable Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. Then I converted it into a low carb recipe by swapping out the flour, sweeteners and chocolate chips for low carb versions.
The peanut butter cookies came out tasting just like the real thing.
As Ernie Keebler would say, “They are uncommonly good!”
Low Carb Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These low carb peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are uncommonly good.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 20 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent sweetener
- 1/4 cup Yacon Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour
- 1/3 cup Lilly’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent sugar-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer until smooth (30 seconds).
3. Add the granulated sweetener, syrup, baking powder and baking soda and beat until combined.
4. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
5. Stir in the paleo flour.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Flatten by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork.
9. Bake for 7-9 minutes until the bottoms are light brown.
10. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 91
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies, Keto Peanut Butter Cookies