Fall is upon us, and food bloggers everywhere are preparing for the Great Pumpkin. (video below)
(He only shows up in the blog posts of the most sincere.)
This year I am offering up a low carb pumpkin pie cupcake.
I’ve used the best part of pumpkin pie: the custard filling. Then I candied and spiced some pecans and baked them on top. Double yum.
I’m sure that the Great Pumpkin will pick my recipe this year.
There’s nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see.
Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Pecan Pie Cupcakes
These tasty pumpkin and pecan cupcakes have just 5g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup Swerve or equivalent sweetener
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons Yacon Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 12 muffin cups with heavy liners.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, sweetener, cream, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Whisk in dry ingredients.
4. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
5. For the nut topping, whisk the egg white until it’s foamy. Pour the mixture over the pecans and stir to coat. Combine the Yacon syrup, sweetener and cinnamon. Evenly pour the mixture over the pecans and stir to coat all the nuts again. Sprinkle the nuts over the top of the cupcakes.
6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the cupcakes are just puffed and barely set.
7. Remove from oven and let cool in pan.
8. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Whipped cream is great on top.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Low Carb Pumpkin Cupcakes, Keto Pumpkin Cupcakes, Low Carb Cupcakes, Keto Cupcakes
You’ll need these specialty items:
If you liked this low carb cupcake, then you might like my recipes for Blue Velvet, Nutella or Carrot Cupcakes.