This low carb Raspberry Crepe Layer Cake is an impressive looking feat.
1. Cook water and raspberries in a small saucepan over medium heat until the berries are broken down, about 5 minutes.
2. Refrigerate the raspberry mixture.
3. Add crepe almond flour, cream cheese, eggs and baking powder to a blender and blend until smooth. It should be a thin batter.
4. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium high heat. Drop 1/3 cup of the batter into the center of the skillet. It should make an 8 inch crepe. Cook until bubbles in the batter pop and then flip it. Cook for another 30 seconds until browned on both sides. Remove to a plate. Repeat until the batter is done. Spray the pan after every two crepes.
5. Refrigerate the crepes for 1 hour until cooled. If they are still warm in the center, give them a little more time. You don’t want to melt the whipped cream frosting.
6. Add the raspberries, juice and sweetener to a blender and blend until smooth. Add remaining 6 oz cream cheese to the blender and blend until smooth and combined.
7. Whip the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
8. Slowly mix in the raspberry mixture and whip until fully combined.
9. Frost the cake. Add one crepe to a plate and smooth a 1/4 inch layer of frosting on it. Repeat until you’ve covered all the crepes. Use remaining frosting to frost the sides of the cake.
10. Store in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.