If you are going to commit to a low carb diet, then you’d do well to make a friend of rhubarb.
It’s a rather obscure vegetable that only shows its face in the summertime. Its flavor is like nothing else. And with enough sweetener, it can totally pass for a fruit. It’s the perfect disguise.
I found this recipe for rhubarb-raspberry jam in the venerable Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook.
My low carb version of the recipe only has four ingredients, so it’s a snap to make. You’ll need 3 cups of rhubarb, 1 cup of raspberries, sugar-free sweetener and the secret ingredient: Sugar-Free Raspberry Jello. You’d think that Jello would be too much flavor, but no. It makes it feel and taste like jam.
Low Carb Keto Rhubarb Raspberry Jam
This recipe for low carb raspberry rhubarb jam is adapted from a classic Better Homs & Gardens recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- Category: Condiment
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups rhubarb (small diced)
- 2 cup raspberries
- 1 cups Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 (.3 oz) package Sugar Free Raspberry Jello
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine rhubarb and Erythritol. Let sit 15 minutes until the rhubarb releases some of its juices.
2. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add berries and return to boiling, smashing the berries and stirring often. Cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add Jello. Stir until dissolved.
5. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours until completely set.
6. Jam can be stored for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or up to 1 year in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 6
- Fat: <1
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: <1
Keywords: Low Carb Rhubarb Jam, Keto Rhubarb Jam, Sugar-Free Rhubarb Jam