Low Carb Keto Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pecans
I just found the most delightful animated Brussel sprout.
His name is Sprout Boy and he's part of a BBC Christmas series. (below) Sprout Boy is the town pariah and person after person puts him down. He has love to give, but no one to give it to. Finally, he meets up with all the characters on the BBC, who take him in and celebrate Christmas with him. The end. He's awfully cute, I have to say.
And he'll make you hungry for today's recipe: Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pecans.
This is a very basic dish that is easy to prepare and wonderful to eat. If you are someone who likes Brussel sprouts, that is. But I guess you wouldn't be here if you didn't.
You would never dream of spurning dear Sprout Boy.
Low Carb Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pecans
2 pounds Brussel sprouts
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup pecan halves
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
2. Toast the pecans in a small frying pan over medium heat, stirring constantly until browned, about 2 minutes.
3. Cut off the stems of the Brussel sprouts and cut the larges ones in half. You can leave the small ones whole.
4. Mix the Brussel sprouts with olive oil. Add to the cookie sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until the sprouts are tender with crispy, dark roasted outer leaves.
5. Remove the Brussel sprouts from the oven and mix with the toasted pecans.
6. Add to a serving plate or bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 20 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 164 Fat 13g Protein 5g Carb 12g Fiber 5g Net Carbs 7g