I just found the most delightful animated Brussel sprout.
His name is Sprout Boy and he’s part of a BBC Christmas series. (video below) Sprout Boy is the town pariah and person after person puts him down. He has love to give, but no one to give it to. Finally, he meets up with all the characters on the BBC, who take him in and celebrate Christmas with him. The end. He’s awfully cute, I have to say.
And he’ll make you hungry for today’s recipe: Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pecans.
This is a very basic dish that is easy to prepare and wonderful to eat. If you are someone who likes Brussel sprouts, that is. But I guess you wouldn’t be here if you didn’t.
You would never dream of spurning dear Sprout Boy.
Low Carb Keto Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pecans
This recipe for roasted brussel sprouts with pecans is a side dish that is naturally low carb with only 7g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds Brussel sprouts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
2. Toast the pecans in a small frying pan over medium heat, stirring constantly until browned, about 2 minutes.
3. Cut off the stems of the Brussel sprouts and cut the larges ones in half. You can leave the small ones whole.
4. Mix the Brussel sprouts with olive oil. Add to the cookie sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until the sprouts are tender with crispy, dark roasted outer leaves.
5. Remove the Brussel sprouts from the oven and mix with the toasted pecans.
6. Add to a serving plate or bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Brussel Sprouts, Keto Brussel Sprouts, Paleo Brussel Sprouts
If you liked this low carb roasted vegetable dish, then you might like my recipes for Roasted Broccoli and Butternut Squash or Ratatouille.