Alright, before you say anything- I know that this cake looks just like Pac Man.
There is just not a whole lot I can do about it now.
But don’t let that dissuade you from trying this cauliflower cake. It is round, yellow and completely delicious. The recipe comes to us from Yotam Ottalenghi, by way of Divalicious Recipes. I added in some bacon and chives, and here we are. It’s a savory, eggs and bacon-y cauliflower cake with only 5 g net carbs per slice. It’s just perfect for brunch, (which we all know is the most important meal of the day).
Alright, I just ate a power pellet so I’ve got to go chase down Inky, Pinky and Clyde.
Low Carb Keto Savory Cauliflower Cake
This recipe is for a savory caulflower cake with just 5g new carbs per slice.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 slices
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 5 slices bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium cauliflower (4 cups florets)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a spring-form pan. Cut a circle of parchment paper for the bottom of the pan.
2. Cook the sliced bacon in a large frying pan until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
3. Add the red onion rings and gently cook on medium heat until soft, several minutes.
4. Remove the onions from the frying pan. Reserve a 8-10 nice looking onion rings for the top of the cake.
5. Rice the cauliflower in the food processor or blender.
6. Add the cauliflower to the pan and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. In a medium sized bowl, stir together the coconut flour, turmeric, baking powder, salt and pepper.
8. Add the cauliflower, Parmesan cheese, cooked onion and mustard and mix thoroughly.
9. Add the beaten eggs and stir to combine..
10. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and place the reserved onion rings on top of the cake. Push them down into the batter a bit.
11. Bake for 40 minutes until firm and golden.
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 16
Keywords: Low Carb Savory Pie, Keto Savory Pie, Low Carb Cauliflower Pie, Keto Cauliflower Pie
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: