My daughter was playing with a hula hoop this morning, and it reminded me of this great scene in The Hudsucker Proxy. (below)
No one knows what a hula hoop is until one kid tries it. Then suddenly it goes viral, 1950’s style. It’s really funny.
Let us hope that today’s recipe will catch on the same way. It’s for sweet and spicy cashew nuts suitable for a low carb diet. Snacks are the key to sticking with a diet, in my opinion.
Snacks are everything.
Low Carb Keto Sweet & Spicy Cashew Nuts
These sugar-free sweet and spicy cashew nuts make for the perfect low carb snack.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Golden Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener or equivalent
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (unless the nuts are already salted)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the sweetener and spices together in a small bowl.
3. Coat the nuts in olive oil.
4. Sprinkle the spices on top and mix well to cover each nut.
5. Bake for 15 minutes and then stir. Bake for 15 minutes more.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Low Carb Spicy Cashews, Keto Spicy Cashews, Sugar-Free Spicy Cashews
You’ll need this specialty ingredient:
If you liked this low carb snack recipe, then you might like my Honey Roasted Peanuts, Candied Pecans or Crunch’n Munch.