Low Carb Keto Thai Shrimp Curry
Today we're going to make a low carb Thai shrimp curry.
So naturally, I've been thinking about Forest Gump.
Specifically, the scene where his best friend Bubba enumerates the many uses of shrimp. (below)
"Anyway, like I was saying, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it..." The list goes on. Well today, we're going to saute it in curry paste and then simmer it in a nice low carb coconut sauce.
This recipe makes for a great low carb, low calorie dinner, with 7g net carbs and just 206 calories.
And it comes together in a jiffy. You only need about 25 minutes to magic this dinner up. This curry can be as mild or as spicy as you want it to be. Shrimp curry is versatile that way.
Because you know what they say, shrimp really is the fruit of the sea.
Low Carb Thai Shrimp Curry
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp
4 tablespoons red curry paste, divided
1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 cup unsalted peanut halves
2 teaspoons lime juice
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add 2 tablespoons curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add onions and red bell peppers and cook until softened and coated with curry paste, 2 minutes.
3. Push the vegetables to the side of the pan and add remaining 2 tablespoons curry paste. Add shrimp to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until pink and cooked through.
4. Add coconut milk, sweetener, fish sauce and peanuts to the pan and bring to a boil.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Taste for spiciness and add more curry paste if desired. Add in lime juice and serve.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 1 cup Calories 206 Fat 11g Protein 17g Carb 11g Fiber 4g Net Carbs 7g