This recipe for low carb tofu with eggplant noodles is a hearty vegetarian meal with only 7g net carbs per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 200°F.
2. Remove the tofu from the wrapping and cut into 1/2″ thick rectangles. Place between several layers of paper towels on a cookie sheet. Place another cookie sheet on top to weight it down. Allow to drain for several minutes.
3. Place 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and sweetener into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
4. Peel and julienne the eggplant. Mix the eggplant with the marinade.
5. Add the tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the eggplant until it softens. The eggplant will soak up all of the liquids, so if you have issues with it sticking to the pan, feel free to add a little bit more sesame or olive oil.
6. Turn the oven off. Transfer the eggplant noodles to an oven safe dish. Cover with a lid, or foil, and place into the oven to keep warm. Wipe out the skillet and return to the stovetop to heat up again.
7. Unwrap the tofu then cut the pieces in half into triangles. Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil to the skillet. Fry both sides of the tofu for 5 minutes each, or until they start to crisp up. Pour the 1/4 cup of soy sauce into the pan and coat the pieces of tofu. Cook until the tofu slices look browned and caramelized with the soy sauce.
8. Remove the eggplant noodles from the oven and place the tofu on top. Sprinkle the scallions on top and serve.
Keywords: Low Carb Tofu Eggplant, Keto Tofu Eggplant, Paleo Tofu Eggplant